Residential Writing Courses
Writing comes easier in the right setting: spectacular views, peace and quiet, full board, luxurious comfort. Innisfree House will be your home for the week. You'll be sharing the space with up to a maximum of five other writers and your tutor, Sarah.
Innisfree House is right on the beach with spectacular sea views, in the heart of Dylan Thomas country in West Wales. All our courses run from Monday afternoon (arrival from 3pm) to Saturday morning (check-out 10am) and are on a full-board basis. Dinner is two courses (you're welcome to bring your own wine). Breakfast is self-serve. Tea, coffee, biscuits and fresh fruit are always available for participants to help themselves. A light lunch is also provided. Any special dietary requirements notified in advance will be catered for as far as possible.
• Each morning the tutor will lead a workshop to help you explore writing ideas, forms and techniques.
• Afternoons are reserved for your own writing and one-to-one tutorials. You’ll have two half hour individual tutorials with Sarah during the week, to look at and discuss your writing in depth.
• Monday - participants arrive from 3pm. Dinner will be at 7pm and afterwards Sarah will give an introduction to the course.
• On Tuesday evening there will be some short, fun writing exercises on offer for those who would like to participate.
• After dinner on Wednesday Sarah would be delighted to escort participants up the hill to discover one of the delightful local pubs.
• On Thursday Sarah will read from her own work and give a short talk on publishing and getting an agent.
• Friday evening is reserved for the group to read and celebrate their finished work.
• The course ends at 10am on Saturday morning, after a final breakfast.